Hva kan jeg bli?
Democratizing the financial markets
– I believe there are many companies that should have access to the same sort of funding as the largest corporations, and that all investors should be able to invest in them.
- Navn: Faraz Seyedi
- Stilling: Analyst
- Arbeidsgiver: Kameo
- MSc In Business - Major in Finance
MSc In Business - Major in Finance
Faraz Seyedi works towards democratizing the financial markets, and, for several reasons, he really believes in the crowdlending concept. The traditional banks have had a monopoly in the debt market, and he thinks it is important to offer alternatives to achieve a more efficient and flexible financial market.
After finishing his master’s with major in finance, Faraz decided to jump on an exciting opportunity: Joining the start-up crowdlending company Kameo. In Kameo he works as an analyst, but his job requires him to wear many different hats at work.
– My two most important hats are related to sales and to credit analysis. I have to be convincing and sell our products to potential clients, at the same time I have to be critical as an analyst, and make sure that the project is “good” enough as an investment opportunity.
A detail oriented investigator
As a result of Kameo being a small company, he also works with tasks not directly related to credit analysis. Examples are legal documents related to loan agreements and pledges also
setting up and managing their CRM system. The most challenging part of his job though, is being a «detective».
– Everything we are told by a company must be validated, and sometimes what we are told does not match the documents we have received. The screening of documents and agreements and validation of everything requires a high level of detail orientation that is always challenging.
Kameos`s products have many similarities to bonds, but this market has only been an option for the largest corporations and professional investors. Faraz and his colleagues believe there are many companies that should have access to the same sort of funding, and that all investors should be able to invest in them.
More than 95% of Kameo`s portfolio consists of real estate companies, and, as a result, Faraz has learned a lot about real estate and property development, risk assessment and communication.
– Witnessing the growth of our clients is definitely the most rewarding part of my job. Seeing clients we have had for years grow and do larger and better projects is very satisfying.