Marketing managers need a thorough understanding of consumer behavior in order to succeed in today's fast-paced, globalized, and digital environment. They need to be able to a) conceptualize why consumers behave as they do, b) generate valid customer insights based on a variety of data, and c) apply these insights in their own decision-making.
This course is designed to provide you with the necessary knowledge and skills to tackle these tasks. It will introduce you to basic consumer behaviour problems and perspectives and to the contexts in which they arise. It will help you develop your ability to structure and analyse such problems, and provide you with tools and concepts for solving them.
Themes of the course will be (subject to change):
- Consumer research
- Segmentation and targeting
- The consumer as an individual with needs, personality, perceptions, attention
- How consumers learn and apply knowledge
- Attitude development, and strategies for attitude change/persuasion
- The consumer in a social context among friends, family, culture and social class
- The consumer's decision-making process and decision rules
- Diffusion and adoption of innovations
- Ethical issues in consumer behaviour
Dette er et utdrag fra den komplette kursbeskrivelsen for kurset. Dersom du er aktiv student på BI, kan du finne de komplette kursbeskrivelsene med informasjon om bl.a. læringsmål, læreprosess, pensum og eksamen på portal.bi.no. Vi tar forbehold om endringer i denne beskrivelsen.