Marketing managers need a thorough understanding of consumer behavior to succeed in today's fast-paced, globalized, and digital world. They need to be able to a) conceptualize why consumers behave and decide as they do, b) generate valid customer insights based on a variety of data, and c) apply self-generated and pre-existing insights in their own decision-making.
This course is designed to provide you with the necessary knowledge and skills to tackle the aforementioned challenges. It will introduce you to key consumer behaviour problems and perspectives and to the contexts in which they arise. It will help you develop your ability to structure and critically analyse such problems and provide you with useful tools and concepts for solving them.
- Consumer research and relevant tools
- Consumer judgment, decision making, and choice
- Needs and motivations: The drivers of behavior
- Emotion and rationality
- Individual differences and their influence on behavior
- How consumers process information: Attention, perception, and memory
- Learning and knowledge
- Sensory marketing: Appealing to consumers’ senses
- Shaping and changing consumer attitudes
- Persuasion mechanisms
- Consumption in a social context
- Promoting better choices: Nudging and social marketing
Dette er et utdrag fra den komplette kursbeskrivelsen for kurset. Dersom du er aktiv student på BI, kan du finne de komplette kursbeskrivelsene med informasjon om bl.a. læringsmål, læreprosess, pensum og eksamen på portal.bi.no. Vi tar forbehold om endringer i denne beskrivelsen.