Organization and Change
This course provides the students with a relevant theoretical and practical background for understanding and influencing organizational processes including Management, Leadership, Organizational Development and Change(ODC) and Social Responsibility explicitly presented through the Business Conduct Guidelines of an organization.
- Introduction to organization theory and classification of theories
- Making sense of organizations
- An introduction to the Four Frames of managerial thinking (structural, human, political and symbolic) and the reframing process
- Organizational mapping, structuring, and reengineering
- Organizing groups along with teams, and reducing resistance to change further by organizational communication
- People in Organizations- how to hire, invest and empower employees
- How to build and implement a human resource strategy
- Recruiting procedures including Personal Traits and Role Theory
- Defining Organization Development and Change (ODC) – a brief history of ODC, interventions as of organization theories
- Managing ODC processes - diagnoses, interventions, Action Research and ethical guidelines
- Social Responsibility and Business Conduct Guidelines
- Case Studies based on organizational problems in real organizations
- Summary, recapitulation, preparation for the examination
Dette er et utdrag fra den komplette kursbeskrivelsen for kurset. Dersom du er aktiv student på BI, kan du finne de komplette kursbeskrivelsene med informasjon om bl.a. læringsmål, læreprosess, pensum og eksamen på portal.bi.no. Vi tar forbehold om endringer i denne beskrivelsen.