Johan Arndts markedsføringskonferanse
Institutt for markedsføring ved Handelshøyskolen BI har etablert en årlig markedsføringskonferanse, Johan Arndts Markedsføringskonferanse. Konferansen ble første gang arrangert i april 2007 ved Handelshøyskolen BI i Oslo.
Formålet med konferansene
- Ære professor Johan Arndt som den største norske internasjonale markedsforskeren gjennom tidene
- Stimulere markedsforskningen i Norge
- Stimulere til flere og bedre norske doktorander innen markedsføring
- Bygge bro mellom næringsliv og akademia som grunnlag for bedre og mer relevant markedsforskning.
- 2016-konferansen arrangør Markedshøyskolen
- 2015-konferansen arrangør NHH
- 2014-konferansen arrangør Høgskolen i Buskerud og Vestfold
- 2013- konferansen arrangør Campus Kristiania
- 2012-konferansen arrangør Handelshøyskolen BI
- 2011-konferansen, arrangør Norges Handelshøyskole
- 2010-konferansen, arrangør Høgskolen i Buskerud
- 2009-konferansen, arrangør Trondheim Økonomiske Høgskole.
- 2008-konferanse, arrangør Norges Handelshøyskole
- 2007 konferansen, arrangør Handelshøyskolen BI
In memory of Johan Arndt
Johan Arndt died suddenly at his home in Oslo on the night of Tuesday, March 11, 1986. He had been in good health when stricken by a stroke. He was 48 years of age. Professor Arndt had been a valued member of the Review Board since 1978.
At the time of his death he was the Professor of Marketing at the Institute of Business Administration (Stiftelsen Bedriftsøkonomisk Institutt), Oslo, and Adjunct Professor of Business Administration at the Norwegian School of Economics and Business Admininstration (Norges Handelshøyskole), Bergen.
He served on the Editorial Review Boards of the Journal of Marketing, Journal of Macromarketing, Journal of Business Research, and European Journal of Marketing. He wrote many articles published in the Journal of Marketing and other U.S. and European business journals and his works have been highly regarded on both sides of the Atlantic. In recent years in these pages he has contributed, "How Broad Should the Marketing Concept Be?" (January 1978), "Toward a Concept of Domesticated Markets" (Fall 1979), "Marketing in Norway" (Part of "Marketing around the world", (Fall 1981), and "The Political Economy Paradigm: Foundation for Theory Building in Marketing" (Fall 1983). His final JM article, "On Making Marketing Science More Scientific: Role of Orientations, Paradigms, Metaphors, and Puzzle Solving" (Summer 1985), won the prestigious Harold H. Maynard Award for its significant contribution to marketing theory. His works have been published in English, Norwegian, and Swedish.
Professor Arndt was born and educated in Norway, prior to being awarded the Master of Science degree by the University of Minnesota in 1963 and the DBA by Harvard University in 1967. He was Assistant Professor of Marketing at Columbia University for two years. He then returned to the Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration, his alma mater, and was promoted to Porfessor in 1974. He was Visiting Professor at the University of Missouri, St. Louis, in 1977-78 and at the University of California, Berkeley, in 1982-83. He moved to Oslo in 1984. His contributions to the practice of marketing in Scandinavia, to students in both Scandinavia and North America, and to the development of marketing theory and thought will be greatly missed. For those of us who have worked with him, the loss is a very great one.
Johan Arndt is survived by his wife, Monica, and two children, Kristian and Line.
JAMES M. CARMAN
University of California, Berkeley